Certified Organic Grass-Fed Beef
Why Buy CERTIFIED ORGANIC GRASS-FED BEEF from Cross Island Farms?
1. Raised Naturally, Outdoors on Pasture – No Grain, Ever!
2. No Hormones or Antibiotics
3. Heritage breeds for lower & better fat, lower calories, more Omega 3's, CLA, and Vitamin E*.
4. Exceptional flavor!
5. Fresh air, exercise, and varied diet means healthier animals and meat
6. Supports local farmers and the local economy
7. Supports the local economy
8. Reduced food miles
9. Environmentally responsible
10. Low stress livestock handling
Wellesley Island Grown Certified Organic Grass-Fed Beef is sold by the mixed quarter and priced by hanging weight. (Our goat and pork is sold by live weight.) The mixed quarters should be around 100-125 lbs hanging weight for the fall beef.
This year we have one Belted Galloway/Red Devon cross for harvest. These are heritage breeds that do particularly well on a grass-fed diet. The butcher dates should be approximately September 2016. Please call for actual dates.
You are purchasing a share of a live animal to be slaughtered by Red Barn Meats or Willard & Sons, our USDA butchers. You pay us $3.95 per pound, based on hanging weight, plus your share of transport to the butcher, with a minimum down payment of $200.00 per quarter to reserve your beef. You pay the butcher the processing charges which will vary, depending on the hanging weight, and your cutting orders.
* Visit www.eatwild.com/healthbenefits.htm for more info.
Please reserve: __Mixed Quarter Certified Organic Grass-Fed Beef ($200.00 dep.)
Make check payable to: Cross Island Farms (Amount enclosed:_____) Name:__________________________ Phone:__________________
Now available by the cut, 100% Grass-Fed, Organically-Raised, USDA-inspected steaks, burger, & hamburger patties. Visit the farmhouse or call (315) 482-3663. Supplies are limited. firstname.lastname@example.org